- Find Genesis -27; ; , 55; 33:4; ; ; 50:1; Exodus cuatro:27; 18:7; I Samuel ; II Samuel ; Ruth step 1: 9, fourteen.
- Getting conversations associated with the Yerushalmi, see Tosafot so you can Sotah 19a, v. kohen maniah; Torah Temimah to help you Numbers 5:twenty-five, note 137; and you can Rabbi Henkin, Region I, p. 120.
- Rabbi Yitzhak ben Moshe regarding Vienna (1180-1250), Otherwise Zarua, Region I, prevent out-of paragraph 341; Responsa Rashba, Region I, No. 1188; Rabbi David Halevi (East European countries, 1586-1667), Taz in order to Orah Hayyim 615, subparagraph step one; Responsa Rabbi Akiva Eiger (Posen, 1761-1837), Region II, stop of No. 56, cited of the Rabbi Henkin, Region IV, p. 39 inside the a note.
- Rabbi Yehoshua Heschel of Cracow (1578-1648), Responsa Penei Yehoshua, Part II, No. 49 = Ellinson, p. 66; Rabbi Shabetai Hakohen (East Europe, 1622-1663), Shakh to Yoreh Deah 195, subparagraph 20 and Yoreh Deah 157, subparagraph 10; Rabbi Hayyim Palache (Izmir, 1787-1868), Responsa Lev Hayyim, Region II, No. 4 quoted by the Rabbi Medini, Sedei Hemed, 2496a-b (but he himself governed very purely); Yonah Metzger, Zero. 52; and especially Rabbi Henkin, Part IV, Zero. 11 who summarized many of these viewpoints.
- Rabbi Yehonatan Eibeshitz, Ya’arot Devash (a set of sermons out of 1779), cited in more detail from the Rabbi Medini, Sedei Hemed, 2495a-b; Rabbi Yosef Steinhardt, Responsa Zikhron Yosef, Zero. 17 cited in more detail regarding Beiur Halakhah (throughout the Mishneh Berurah) so you can Orah Hayyim 339 and you may following that from the Ellinson, p. 54 and also by Rabbi Ovadia Yosef, pp. 37-38.
- Rabbi Ovadia Yosef, p. 34, emphasized Responsa Ribash, Zero, 425. In fact, brand new Ribash influenced it is forbidden getting sexual connections which have a single woman lest she become a beneficial Niddah. This was definitely linked to his resistance so you can concubinage which is common in Spain inside the time (discover Ellinson, Nissuin, 67). However, a mindful learning of these responsum reveals that the newest Ribash failed to restrict coming in contact with an individual lady.
- My as a result of my good friend Dr. Arnon Atzmon who was simply form enough to speak about this subject with myself.
- Hence, I found myself saddened to learn that Rabbi Ovadia Yosef would not shake brand new hands away from Best Minister Golda Meir when he is provided the new Israel Honor in front of a big audience, and his awesome son Rabbi Yitzhak Yosef praised him for this – come across Rabbi Yitzhak Yosef, p. 379, stop out-of note twenty five.
General Cohen – Orah Cohen, Tzniut Ha’ishah Ba’idan Hamoderni (nowhere otherwise time), pp
, Hebrew Moral Wills, Vol. II, Philadelphia, 1926, p. 211 Megillat Esther – Rabbi Yitzhak de- Leon, Megillat Esther on Sefer Hamitzvot of one’s Rambam, Bad Commandments, Zero. 353, ed. Jerusalem, 5733, pp. 90-93 Rabbeinu Yonah – of many sources cited over Ramban (Nahmanides) – Hassagot Haramban so you can Sefer Hamitzvot of Rambam, Bad Commandments, No. 353, ed. Chavel, pp. 386-390 Rashba – Responsa Rashba, Part We, No. 1188; Responsa Rashba associated with the Ramban, Zero. 127 Rashbatz – Zohar Harakia, Negative Commandments, No. 10, ed. Vilna, 5639, p. 69, mention 11 Ribash – Responsa Ribash, No. 425
Hatznea Lekhet, Ha’ishah Vehamitzvot Sefer Sheni, third release, Jerusalem, 5746, pp
31, 34-thirty-five, 63-65 Ellinson – Elyakim Ellinson. 50-69 Ellinson – Elyakim Ellinson, Nissuin Shelo Kedat Moshe V’yisrael, Tel Aviv, 5736, p. 67 Epstein – Rabbi Louis Epstein, Sex Statutes and you can Traditions in the Judaism, New york, 1948 and you can 1967, pp. 108-112 Hauptman – Rabbi Judith Hauptman, “Why performed R. Nahman allow Yalta become transmitted toward an excellent palanquin toward a beneficial event? Another type of understanding out of Bavli Betsah 25b”, Zeramim II/step one (Slip 2017), pp. 17-32 Kattan – Moshe Kattan, Otzar Hale’azim, Jerusalem, 1984, p. 57, No. 876 Levine – Baruch Levine, This new JPS Torah Responses: Leviticus, Philadelphia, New york, Jerusalem, 1989, pp. 119, 122 Raizel – Anat Raizel, Mavo Lamidrashim, Alon Shevut, 5771, p. 118 Sokoloff – Michael Sokoloff, A great Dictionary from Jewish Babylonian Aramaic, Ramat Gan, Baltimore, London, 2002